The trick for this is to have it at room temperature. I left it on the counter for a few hours until it was malleable. Then threw everything in my standing mixer and set it to 4 and let it beat away and mix everything together. The original recipe called for 2tsp of garlic salt, but if I ever make this again I'm only using 1tsp, as I found it a bit too garlicky.
To make it look like a pumpkin, you cut out the stem of a green pepper, make a little notch in the top of the ball and press the pepper top into it.
Cheddar Cheese Ball (slightly adapted from Cooks.com)
8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese (at room temperature)
2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese (at room temperature)
1 tsp. garlic salt
A couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Mix real well until all blended
- Put into small mixing bowl that has been lined with Saran Wrap and chill overnight
- While in wrap, form into a ball
- Before serving, roll in nuts
- Serve with crackers of your choice